So, this is my life.

And I want you to know that I am both happy and sad and I'm still trying to figure out how that could be.

Wednesday, June 4, 2008

unintentional infliction of emotional distress

the past 36 hours have been horrible. i'm so upset.
as i sit writing this, tears well up - ever so small - in the corners of my eye.

i couldn't understand what was going on.
finally in a freak-out, i called a friend and asked for help.
when he didn't answer, i thought about sending a text reading, "EMERGENCY CALL ME" so that he'd call me from work. instead i just called back until he answered.

it went something like this:
"i'm freaking out, i haven't been able to get online for 2 days and it's NOT the internet because i'm at brewhaha and people around me are on the internet. WHAT IS GOING ON!?!?!"
"oh.... i ... thought something was wrong."
"i'm FREAKING OUT! something's wrong with my computer! should i go buy a new one?!"

a little playing around, and it turned out that somehow my lappy's IP address had been deleted.
a little more playing around, and i got it back. and i got online. and i peed myself out of relief.
crisis averted. thank blog.


and now i can't help but think atticus is out to get me. maybe this horrible incident was far from unintentional.

the fact is that in the middle of the night, someone deleted the IP address from my internetwork connections setup. clearly, it wasn't the WIND. it wasn't a BURGLAR. and it wasn't me. i was asleep, and i haven't slept-walked (.... sleep-walked? whatever.) since around age 7, when my mom woke up and found me ASLEEP but peeing down the stairway in our house as if it were a urinal.

i'm going to install nanny cams to find out what that cat does when i'm away and asleep. something tells me there's more to him than he's letting on. oh yes. there's more than meets the eye.

No comments: