So, this is my life.

And I want you to know that I am both happy and sad and I'm still trying to figure out how that could be.

Thursday, June 5, 2008

maybe only 50% bullsh*t

my horoscope today:

It can be quite an awakening time, for there aren't any limits on your far-reaching ideas now. An unremarkable social event can lead you in a direction that is very advantageous to you at work. Mixing business and pleasure isn't always a smart idea, yet today it can lead you in the direction you need to travel.

the first part: the usual horoscope BS. i have no far-reaching ideas of which to speak. so shove it, astrologers!

but i will admit, the second part is curious. because tonight i'm going to a swanky alumni dinner event in honor of the dean of my law school. and by "my" i mean i owned that bitch. and while i thought about backing out because it might be "an unremarkable social event," i convinced myself that the free dinner and wine will make it worthwhile. (oh, who am i kidding? i live for things like this. i picked out my outfit a week ago.)

well, now i wonder if it will be worthwhile for other reasons as well. mixing business and pleasure? travel? direction? sounds good...

No comments: