So, this is my life.

And I want you to know that I am both happy and sad and I'm still trying to figure out how that could be.

Monday, June 2, 2008

"Behold, I make all things new!"

i have to tell you what i've been up to the past several days.

i* woke up this morning in a new bed, with new light shining through windows through which i had never before seen 6 AM light shine. for the first time in 3 years, i have sunlight filling my home. that's not a metaphor; i just have huge windows reaching to my ceiling, and i can't afford drapes.

it was only 2 blocks, but it felt like a very, very big move. in a couple ways, really. first, it felt like i moved a gajillion tons of furniture, books, and clothing. two days of near-hell, let me tell you (and they happened to be the two hottest days of the summer, thus far). it was all worth it, in the end, and -- call me masochistic -- it was even kinda fun. it was, in a weird way, quality time with the boy. and now that we've seen one another dirty, red, literally dripping with sweat, and dehydrated, there'll be no more of the silly and time-consuming pre-date grooming i've been wasting so much time doing lately (like shaving, showering, and brushing my teeth).

more notably, however, is that it felt like a big move personally, 'ya know? a big step. a big change. say big again! big. first time living alone. lots of space to myself and my catticus. and today, as i finally sit down and look around, i feel refreshed, clear-minded (maybe because, for the first weekend in about 4 years, i was sober the entire time! seriously!), and ready for tomorrow. hopefully this feeling will continue as i sit down to study. hopefully i'll feel this clear-minded for the next 2-months of potentially mind-numbing bar review. hopefully i'll stop skipping bar class in order to do other things.


in other news, atticus has finally stopped creeping from room to room, presumably searching for gnomes in this new magical land, and has found a spot on the sunny window sill next to me. i think he will like it here, especially once i have some living room furniture. until then, i'm open to decorating tips and visits from neighbors.



*we :-)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"kinda fun" eh? i guess it'll also be kinda fun when my right big toe nail finally falls off in 4 days..

;)