So, this is my life.

And I want you to know that I am both happy and sad and I'm still trying to figure out how that could be.

Wednesday, June 11, 2008

i'm SUCH a good person.

this morning my dresser gave me an ultimatum.

"matthew," it said, in its deep, james earl jones voice, "either you do laundry today, or you buy some new underpants before you come home. 'ya hear, boy?"

all morning i planned to walk down walnut street and buy new undies after my workout, mostly because i felt like i couldn't face the 6 piles -- yes, 6. i separated and counted last night -- of dirty laundry lying at home on my bedroom floor.

but then i got to thinking, if i buy underwear this time, who's to say i won't just buy new t-shirts next week, and maybe some new socks in three months? i have a TON of socks. i don't want to get into such a wasteful cycle. plus it's probably bad for the environment to not re-use things. or something. right?

so i'm doing laundry tonight. forever. because i care about the environment. i also bought energy-efficient light bulbs... oh, but then they weren't really bright enough, so i bought some CLEAR BRIGHT regular light bulbs to replace them. it's not easy being green, but i'm making an effort.

.

No comments: