So, this is my life.

And I want you to know that I am both happy and sad and I'm still trying to figure out how that could be.

Monday, June 16, 2008

hang in there, cracka'

i'm allowed to use that slur, because i am, in fact, a cracker.

and today i'm reminding myself to hang in there, stay focused, and delay gratification... for 47 more days. in 47 days i'll be lying on a ship with my best ho, sipping contraband vodka, and telling myself, "i'll get up and work out tomorrow, because tonight i am gonna EAT!"

for the time being, i should work on getting a base tan. even though i'm opposed to tanning and sunshine in general. today i walked the 18 blocks from PENN to 19th street, where i met my favorite lunch date, and the short walk was more than long enough to give me my first minor sunburn of the season. this will not surprise those of you who have seen how pale i am (and commented on it - patrick).


as for the rest of you, this will serve as a reminder that august is a short 47 days away. summer passes by so quickly (though not quickly enough for me this year), so live it up.

i admonish you to enjoy summer! don't put it off! procrastinate NOW. enjoy happy hours. make it to the beach. call in sick to work. seek happy nights to happy days.

and most importantly, be happy for this moment; this moment is your life.

.

No comments: